New England Development owns more than 50 prime retail locations throughout downtown Newburyport. Our goal is to create one of the best shopping and dining experiences in the region.
Newburyport is a premier shopping hub fulfilling the shopping and dining needs of local and regional residents. Located 35 miles north of Boston, Newburyport is a desirable suburb served by the commuter rail line. A visionary urban renewal in the 1970's turned this picturesque city into a most-wanted attraction, drawing upscale local residents and worldwide travelers. A rich setting for shopping and dining is provided by the city's 200-year history as a thriving seaport, scenic views of the Merrimack River from Waterfront Park, and dazzling historic mansions. For retailers, Newburyport's many festivals fill the town with shoppers all year long, from the seasonal Art Walks and the summer Yankee Homecoming, to the annual Spring and Winter Invitation Nights and everything in between. More than 500 boat slips in the downtown area draw both seasonal and transient boaters.
Newburyport has an exciting blend of vibrant streetscapes, unique merchants and sidewalk cafes.
- Excellent local and regional access is provided by Routes 1 and 1A, Interstates 95 and 495, and commuter rail service to and from Boston. There are three international airports within an hour and less driving time.
- Some of Massachusetts' best beaches draw thousands of visitors to the area.
- Newburyport Industrial Park houses 70 businesses with over 3,000 people, boasting a payroll in excess of $95 million.
- Newburyport Marinas, with more than 500 slips, draw yachts and boaters from all over the world.
- Yachting Magazine voted Newburyport one of its top 50 destinations in 2012.
- Mass Audubon's Joppa Flats Education Center is located at the gateway to one of the country's most productive, year-round, wildlife viewing areas - the 4,662 acre Parker River National Wildlife Refuge and the Plum Island estuary, which draw thousands of visitors from all over the world.
- Voted the best beautiful city by America in Bloom in 2006, Newburyport's downtown boasts over 350 window boxes and hanging baskets.
- Voted one of the top picks in the travel edition of the New York Times, Newburyport was lauded as one of the top 25 Northeast Getaways for a quick vacation escape.
|Average Household Income||$100,523||$93,197||$90,432||$92,090|